VRC Corporation Grant
VRC Corporation focuses on operational and developmental test and evaluation, transportation systems human factors, and training research and development services. VRC has decided to stimulate the Europe Chapter exchange programme and to facilitate attendence of the Chapter’s annual conference. For this purpose the VRC Corportation Grant was established.
In general terms, the following grant limitations apply:
- Main focus groups are students and post-graduates interested in participating in a research project abroad, wanting to learn state-of-the-art techniques, participate in research co-operation, or work on their thesis.
- Exchange/visits should take place between the USA and Europe (both directions), or within European institutions or universities
- To be eligible, either the visitor or a co-worker of the hosting institute should be member of the Europe Chapter.
- Visits to companies/universities are typically intended to be for a short term (typically 1 week – 3 months)
- The maximum financial contribution is € 1.200.-
- The travel grant is explicitly meant to facilitate attendance of the annual conference for people working in or interested in Human Factors from eastern European countries, who would otherwise not be able to visit the meeting.
Needless to say that the Grant is restricted, and not all applications can be (fully) awarded.
Download the appropriate form(s) and return these to the Europe Chapter’s secretary.
- For the exchange programme: Download the exchange application form in Word format
- For the travel grant: Download the travel grant application form in Word format
- Download instructions and information about the procedure for both grants (pdf)
All applications will be examined by the Grant Committee of the Europe Chapter of the HFES.
Enquiries about the grants and requests for printed forms should be addressed to Dick de Waard.
VRC Grant Committee
Thomas Franke, Giulio Bianchi Piccinini, Clemens Weikert, Dick de Waard.
Above text merely describes intentions, goals, and focus groups of the grant, no rights can be derived from the text on this web page